1. Weekly envelopes (available from the office)
2. Simply Giving EFT allows you to give every week, month, or quarter as you choose. You don't have to remember to bring a physical check to church and the church receives a steady income!
Simply Giving form (click to download)
3. Give+ mobile app is available for download through iTunes or Google Play Store. Search for Give+ and download the app to your smartphone or tablet. Once the app is installed, select Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, Marion, IA. This app allows for recurring and one-time donations via credit/debit card or checking/savings account.
4. Appreciated Assets – Lutheran Church of the Resurrection can accept gifts of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, works of art, land, real estate and other types of personal property. We encourage you to talk with your financial advisor before making any gift of this type to the church.
5. Retirement accounts – Distributions from retirement accounts such as IRA’s and qualified retirement plans may be given. Part or all of your post age 70 ½ IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) may be given directly to LCR and excluded from AGI. Naming Lutheran Church of the Resurrection as a beneficiary on an IRA or pension account allows a distribution at death to pass tax-free to the church.
6. Life Insurance - There are special ways you can use life insurance as a gift-giving device. Some examples include:
- Give the cash value accumulated in a policy.
- Donate the annual dividends of a policy
- Designate the church as the beneficiary of the policy