1. Weekly envelopes (available from the office). Checks may be mailed to the church: Lutheran Church of the Resurrection; 3500 29th Ave; Marion, IA 52302.
2. Simply Giving EFT allows you to give every week, month, or quarter as you choose. You don't have to remember to bring a physical check to church and the church receives a steady income!
Simply Giving form (click to download)
3. Give+ mobile app is available for download through iTunes or Google Play Store. Search for Give+ and download the app to your smartphone or tablet. Once the app is installed, select Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, Marion, IA. This app allows for recurring and one-time donations via credit/debit card or checking/savings account. Click here for detailed instructions on how to use the Give + app.
4. Give+ Text - Give via a text on your cell phone. Just text Fund to 844-906-2303 (this number is dedicated to LCR). The first time you text you will get a link to a Vanco website to load your donation by fund and your name, address and payment information. For subsequent donations simply text Fund and then text the the fund and dollars you wish to donate. This app allows for recurring and one-time donations via debit or credit card. Click here for detailed instructions on how to use Give+ Text. Click here for detailed instructions on the Give+ Text.
5. Appreciated Assets – Lutheran Church of the Resurrection can accept gifts of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, works of art, land, real estate and other types of personal property. We encourage you to talk with your financial advisor before making any gift of this type to the church.
6. Retirement accounts – Distributions from retirement accounts such as IRA’s and qualified retirement plans may be given. Part or all of your post age 70 ½ IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) may be given directly to LCR and excluded from AGI. Naming Lutheran Church of the Resurrection as a beneficiary on an IRA or pension account allows a distribution at death to pass tax-free to the church.
7. Life Insurance - There are special ways you can use life insurance as a gift-giving device. Some examples include:
- Give the cash value accumulated in a policy.
- Donate the annual dividends of a policy
- Designate the church as the beneficiary of the policy