During the 9 o’clock hour on Sunday morning Resurrection offers numerous courses for adults to expand their understanding of the Christian faith in small-group settings. Adult Faith Development courses are offered September through May; they meet throughout the church.
- Reading Biblical Literature: Genesis to Revelation – If you have ever been frustrated by past attempts to read and understand the Bible, facilitator Bob Erlandson will introduce us to a different approach. Reading Biblical Literature as a collection of unique narratives that were only later united into what we now know as the Old and New Testaments. Sunday mornings in the fellowship room at 9:15 am, beginning with the Gospel of Mark.
- Sunday Adult Bible Study – St. Paul’s letter to the Romans will be our topic this year. We meet in the conference room on Sunday mornings at 9:15, led by Jim and Linda Cornally.
- Run for God – Facilitator and trainer Bob Read is guiding us through a training program that “takes you from the couch to a 5k in 12 weeks” using a biblical perspective. This is for all ages, ending with running the Marion Turkey Trot on November 10th. Classes are at 8:30 am on Sundays, with some optional group runs scheduled during each week. For more information, contact Bob.
- The Insanity of God is the personal and lifelong journey of an ordinary couple from rural Kentucky who thought they were going on just your ordinary missionary pilgrimage, but discovered it would be anything but. Will you follow Jesus even when it doesn’t make sense? Beginning at 9:05 am; led by Duane Rinderknecht.
- Enough: Discovering Joy Through Simplicity & Generosity – dive deeper into Adam Hamilton’s book that our November sermon series is based on! Beginning at 9:05 am
In addition, we have several “legacy” groups that always welcome new people:
Biblical Fellowship – This Bible study group meets at the church on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:30 pm. Refreshments are served. Please join us at any time – all are welcome.
Rebecca-Mary Martha Circle is a women’s afternoon circle that meets at 1:00 pm on the first Wednesday of the month here at the church. In addition to inspiring bible study, the circle also collects, organizes, and ships school kits and personal care kits for Lutheran World Relief. Non-members are always welcome!
JAM Bible Study (Jesus And Me) is a bible study for “spirited” women that meets the second Monday of the month at 1:00 pm at the church. We have very lively discussions on studies from Gather Magazine and other sources. Come give us a try, and bring a friend!