During the 9 o’clock hour on Sunday morning we offer a chance for adults to gather to learn and grow in their own faith journey with the support of a small group. Classes for the spring will start again on January 6th.
Reading Biblical Literature: Genesis to Revelation – If you have ever been frustrated by past attempts to read and understand the Bible, facilitator Bob Erlandson will introduce you to a different approach. Reading Biblical literature as a collection of unique narratives that were only later united into what we now know as the Old and New Testaments.
- Meets in the Fellowship Room
- Sunday Adult Bible Study – St. Paul’s letter to the Romans will be our topic this year. Led by Jim and Linda Cornally.
- Meets in the Conference Room
- One Year Chronological Bible Study – a fascinating way to read through the Bible in one year–in only fifteen minutes per day! Now you can gain a better understanding of the order of biblical events and the historical context in which they unfolded. The One Year Chronological Bible arranges the entire Bible text–books, chapters, and even verses–in the order the events actually happened.
- Contact Dan Tegtmeier to order your copy (approx. $18)
- Meets in the center of the Fellowship Room
- Beginning January 6th
- Holy Spirit: An Introduction – Who is the Holy Spirit? We say it every Sunday–I believe in the Holy Spirit–and yet what does that mean? How can we believe in something, or rather someone, that we don’t even know. Dorothy Rinderknecht will guide us on a personal discovery of the most ignored and misunderstood person in the church–the Holy Spirit.
- Meets in the Library
- Half-Truths–They are simple phrases. They sound Christian, like something you might find in the Bible. Let’s explore these phrases.
- Meets in the Lounge
In addition, we have several “legacy” groups that always welcome new people:
Biblical Fellowship – this Bible study group meets at the church on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:30 pm. Refreshments are served. Please join us at any time – all are welcome.
Rebecca-Mary Martha Circle – a women’s afternoon circle that meets at 1:00 pm on the first Wednesday of the month here at the church. In addition to inspiring Bible study, the circle also collects, organizes, and ships school kits and personal care kits for Lutheran World Relief. Non-members are always welcome!
JAM Bible Study (Jesus And Me) – a bible study for “spirited” women that meets the 2nd Monday of the month at 1:00 pm at the church. We have very lively discussions on studies from Gather Magazine and other sources. Come give us a try, and bring a friend!