The Lenten season begins on Ash Wednesday, March 1 at Resurrection with the imposition of ashes and holy communion served at 6 and 7 pm services. In this 500th anniversary year of the Reformation, Luther’s Small Catechism will be our theme on Lenten Wednesday nights. A Lenten devotional on the Small Catechism, “Free Indeed,” will be available in the gathering space for your use. Holden Evening Prayer will be our Lenten liturgy.
Lenten Suppers will be served from 5:15-6:30 pm each Wednesday evening in Lent. Your freewill offerings at these suppers help support mission efforts by our groups:
- March 1 – EDGE youth group / potato bar / July mission trip to Washington, DC
- March 8 – Wednesday Night Live / taco bar / shopping trip for Crossroads Food Pantry
- March 15- staff / pizza / TBA
- March 22 – confirmation small groups / chili / Camp EWALU
- March 29 – EDGE youth group / spaghetti / July mission trip to Washington, DC
- April 5 – Wee Wisdom / meatball subs / playground mulch & Heifer International