OUR HISTORY

Our Story

Resurrection was established in 1959. In 1960, the original church building was dedicated at the corner of 27th St. and 18th Ave. Over the past 50 years the congregation has continued to grow. Since 2004 we have occupied our current building. Our congregation continues to be a mixture of the very young to those who are young at heart. 

Our Mission

Lutheran Church of the Resurrection exists to welcome people to a community of faith; connect people to Jesus through the Word of God; and send disciples into the world to serve in Jesus’ name.

Our Purpose

Informed by the Great Commandment (found in Matthew 22:36-39) and the Great Commission (found in Matthew 28:19-20) we see our purpose as five-fold.

  • Evangelism | an inviting hand that reaches out to others with the story of God's great love
  • Worship | a thankful heart for worship that gives glory to God and brings us closer to Christ
  • Fellowship | a welcoming voice that encourages and supports Christian community
  • Discipleship | an earnest mind, that grows in knowledge and faith and helps us become more Christ-like
  • Ministry | a compassionate spirit that heals hurts, gives hope, and works for justice in the name of Jesus